qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Linux Kernel to Include KVM Virtualization

From: Oliver Gerlich
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Linux Kernel to Include KVM Virtualization
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 14:44:35 +0100

Ricardo Almeida wrote:
Hi,

Just saw this on slashdot
(http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/12/12/0135240). From the
news:

"In a fashion comparable to that of Xen a modified QEMU is used for
the supportive emulation of typical PC components of the virtual
machines"

So, when it will run with a non-modified QEMU? ;)

I've looked at KVM homepage (http://kvm.sourceforge.net/) and it's a
kernel module, so I think this can be some kind of replacement for
KQEmu, no?
Will QEmu/KQEmu support this?

Isn't KVM more like a kqemu which uses VT/Pacifica so that it runs processes "a bit more native"? That's how I understood it...

Though I'm wondering why this project apparently didn't announce itself on this list, at least for general information. Or, this can also be seen as a hint that Qemu is _so_ well-structured and well-documented that people are able to use its code without any questions ;-)

Thanks for the great work,
Ricardo Almeida