qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Please help build qemu/darwin-user on Mac Intel

From: Pierre d'Herbemont
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Please help build qemu/darwin-user on Mac Intel
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 08:47:54 +0100

Hi,

On 3 févr. 07, at 02:37, Ilya Shar wrote:

I am trying to build i386-darwin-user to run it on an
x86 Mac.  I'm on Mac OS 10.4 Intel with gcc 3.3 and
I'm getting compiler errors right away:

$ cvs
-d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/darwine

Ilya, qemu's CVS has the most up-to-date version of darwin-user now, so you should use it intead of the version which is in the darwine's cvs. Moreover to compile qemu on intel you'll need a few patche. The team behind Q.app has collected them for you [1]. Also I am not sure that gcc 3.3 can build Mac Intel binaries that are compliant with the current Mac OS X x86 ABI. So you may also need the gcc 4.0 patches that you should find in [1].

Pierre.

[1] http://www.kju-app.org/proj/browser/trunk/patches