qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Booting Fedora in qemu-system-ppc

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Booting Fedora in qemu-system-ppc
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 08:48:32 -0500

On Thursday 08 February 2007 5:27 am, Fabrice Bellard wrote:
> Note that there seem to be a regression in the PPC target in the 0.9.0
> version (it no longer boots a Mandrake Linux CD I was using as
> regression test). I did not try yet to find the related commits.

I can't get the kubuntu-6.10 PPC install CD to boot with 0.9.0 either: yaboot
loads off the cd, I hit enter, lots of error messages scroll by, and it
grinds to a halt.

Is there more to it than just:
  qemu-system-ppc -cdrom kubuntu-6.10-desktop-powerpc.iso

That's all I need for qemu-system-i386 and qemu-system-x86_64...

Rob
--
"Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when there is no longer anything to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery