qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Remove bash-ism from configure

From: Jernej Simončič
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Remove bash-ism from configure
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 10:17:14 +0100

On Monday, February 12, 2007, 9:55:25, Krister Joas wrote:

> You should take a look at that executable.  On most systems I know, /
> usr/bin/which is a csh script.  It has to be because it also finds
> aliases.  It may or may not be portable to use 'which', I'm not
> really sure, but it's not very efficient.

On my Linux boxes, which is either a sh script (on Debian), or a (compiled)
program (on Gentoo and Slackware). On my firewall (based on FreeBSD), which
is also a program (and also a /bin/sh builtin).

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >

Matter will be damaged in direct proportion to its value.
       -- Murphy's Constant