qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU/pc and scsi disks

From: Laurent Vivier
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU/pc and scsi disks
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 09:36:26 +0100

Paul Brook wrote:
> On Thursday 01 March 2007 17:26, Laurent Vivier wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As I'm a newcomer, I don't know the story about qemu/pc and scsi disks, but
>> I propose a little patch to make SCSI disks visible.
>
> See previous discussion about how the disk options need to be fixed properly.

Sorry, I didn't find it, but now I've found it.

> Apart from anything else your patch completely ignores non-x86 targets.

This patch was just to validate my approach... and it seems bad :-P

> There's also no reason to limit to 7 disks, and we should support scsi
> cdroms.

The reason for 7 is the number of available id on the scsi bus. Of course, we
could manage several bus. To add cdroms support, we can add parameters "-scd0",
"-scd1", ...

Thank you for your comments.

Laurent
--
       "Any sufficiently advanced technology is