qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: build my own kqemu and install it debian way

From: Aigars Mahinovs
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: build my own kqemu and install it debian way
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 03:10:44 -0000

On 27/11/06, Mihamina Rakotomandimby
<address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,
I run Ubuntu Edgy, and I follow this steps:
http://wiki.clug.org.za/wiki/QEMU_and_Ubuntu_Breezy

If you want to have QEmu with KVM kernel mode acceleration on the VT
processors, then I would suggest using Debian packages as described
in:

http://baruch.ev-en.org/blog/Debian/kvm-in-debian

The only problem I had is the /dev/kvm did is root:root by default. I
chown'ed it to root:admin for useful application. Oh and also there
are a few problems with booting of the Ubuntu LiveCD in that mode -
some instructions are not implemented. Upstream is working on it.

--
Best regards,
   Aigars Mahinovs        mailto:address@hidden