qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Moving pre-installed Windows to qemu?

From: Christian MICHON
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Moving pre-installed Windows to qemu?
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 09:00:58 +0200

quite impossible: the hardware inside qemu guest would be different
with the real hardware of the laptop.

worst case: error 7b and blue screen. it will not go further, and it
means you need to reinstall everything.

best case: it moves further in safe mode, but then you'll need the
xp cdrom for installing updated drivers.

I've seen this working with win95. I had a complete dd of an old
win95 harddisk, and was able to boot my "old" pc when I actually
threw away the hardware... :)