qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Virtual braille device support?

From: Samuel Thibault
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Virtual braille device support?
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 00:56:14 +0200

Hi,

I've just thought about implementing a virtual braille device in qemu.

The idea would be that qemu use BrlAPI for accessing the real braille
device (see http://brl.thefreecat.org), and then emulate a virtual USB
braille device for the guest system.

The question I'd have for now is: how to choose which brand of USB
braille device to emulate?  Should the simplest, fastest, or most
powerful protocol be chosen?

I guess powerfulness is important for providing the best support, but
how should emulation simplicity and speed compete in the choice?

Samuel