qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: How to debug Linux kernel on qemu with kgdb?

From: Neo Jia
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: How to debug Linux kernel on qemu with kgdb?
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 01:29:33 -0500

On 4/25/07, Jan Kiszka <address@hidden> wrote:
Neo Jia wrote:
> hi,
>
> I am trying to use debug kgdb patched linux kernel on my qemu. Both
> the native and target platform are IA32. I am wondering if there is
> anyone can show me the procedure?

Yep, see https://mail.gna.org/public/xenomai-core/2006-09/msg00202.html

(BTW, I think that kgdb bug is still unfixed - I never got a feedback.)

I can connect gdb through /dev/pts/XX. My qemu is lanuched by

qemu -nographic -hda linux.img -kernel
./2.6.15.5-kgdb/vmlinuz-2.6.15.5-kgdb -serial pty -append "kgdbwait
console=ttyS0 root=/dev/hda sb=0x220,5,1,5 ide2=noprobe ide3=noprobe
ide4=noprobe ide5=noprobe"

Do you know where can I get the console output?

I would like to work out kgdb + qemu to debug linux kernel.

Thanks,
Neo

Jan

--
I would remember that if researchers were not ambitious
probably today we haven't the technology we are using!