qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] why "-hda myimgfile" can not work ??

From: Sunil Amitkumar Janki
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] why "-hda myimgfile" can not work ??
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 16:01:40 +0200

tang peilei wrote:
>> The ARM boards do not support IDE. Some of them have a SCSI controller
>> instead, as described in the documentation.
> As the ARM boards do not support IDE, and my net can not work. How can
> I copy files from QEMU system to my phy system ???
I don't really understand what your question is about.
Are you running Linux on a physical ARM system or a
virtual QEMU ARM platform?

I run Armedslack and Debian in QEMU ARM emulation
with a virtual SCSI hard drive and user mode networking
and both work fine.

You can use any network file system you want. I am using
FUSE and SSHFS and it functions well. You can also use
Samba, NFS or something else.

I have attached my scripts for Armedslack (http://www.armedslack.org)
and there are directions for Debian at http://www.aurel32.net.

If it works for me it should also work for you. QEMU CVS as of
20070420 didn't work for me though, but 0.9.0 release does.

Sunil
#!/bin/sh
#
# Armedslack

#
# Running
#

# qemu-system-arm-orig \
qemu-system-arm \
  -M versatilepb \
  -m 256 \
  -kernel vmlinuz-versatile-2.6.20 \
  -append "ro root=/dev/sda2" \
  -hda ata01.dsk \
  -redir tcp:10023::10022 \
  -k en-us &

#!/bin/sh
#
# Armedslack
#
# Installation
#

qemu-system-arm \
  -M versatilepb \
  -m 256 \
  -kernel vmlinuz-versatile-2.6.20 \
  -initrd color.gz \
  -append "rw root=/dev/ram0 ramdisk_size=9900" \
  -hda ata01.dsk \
  -cdrom armedslack-current-dvd.iso \
  -redir tcp:10023::10022 \
  -k en-us &