qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qcow2 images going corrupt

From: Csaba Henk
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qcow2 images going corrupt
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 16:15:28 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I'm running qemu 0.9.0 on a Linux host.

I'm using a qcow2 image. I run qemu in daemon mode. When I'm to finish my
session with the guest, I go to the monitor, do a "savevm whatever",
"commit all", "q".

What I see that the image becomes corrupt very often (qemu-img sees it
as a raw image). (I do the "commit all" only because I suffer and I don't
have any better idea in mind -- I guess it shouldn't have an effect on
the correctness of disk handling).

Any idea what's wrong? Or a fault-proof way of leaving qemu?

I can upload an example corrupt image if someone would like to analyze
it. 1.6G gzipped.

Csaba