qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] emulated lance device crashes in debian-sparc32

From: Blue Swirl
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] emulated lance device crashes in debian-sparc32
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 20:03:38 +0300

On 5/19/07, Mark Glines <address@hidden> wrote:
The weird thing is, when I add "-net nic,model=lance" to my command line
right before "-net user", the crash does not occur.  I kinda assumed from
the above backtrace that the lance driver was selected on sparc32 by
default...

Thanks for testing. Lance NIC is integrated to the MACIO chipset, but
the code in sun4m.c for some reason allow not having any NICs at all.
I'll think about a fix. One problem is that the device nodes are
always enabled in OpenBIOS.