qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Porting QEMU to PalmOS

From: sinisa marovic
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Porting QEMU to PalmOS
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 02:07:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

   I started porting QEMU to PalmOS. I already ported some projects successfuly (Like UAE and
dosbox) but dosbox is so slow. QEMU has less compatibility with games but it is much faster.
Now, I am having some problems with dyngen. Since QEMU supports ARM hosts I do not have
to modify the code. Detailed description of the problem follows:

Dyngen is used to create op.h, opc.h and gen-op.h during compilation. Since it is not possible to do
the actual compilation on Palm itself, I thought of creating dyngen executable on the compilation host
(PC with cygwin) and QEMU would then be built  for execution host (Palm). This idea worked fine,
but when dyngen was executed to create op.h I got an error:

"Unsupported data relocation."

I did some debugging to find out what the actual problem is, and this is what I found out:

Relocation types that fail are 25 and 26, which are R_ARM_GOTPC and R_ARM_GOT32
respectively. Their names are:

_GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_
cc_table
__op_param1