qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Help:System crash when a large file is copied.

From: 韦理
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Help:System crash when a large file is copied.
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 17:16:57 +0800

Hi everyone

I am trying to run qemu(v0.8.2) on a diskless linux system whose root file
system is NFS. The disk image of Qemu is located on the NFS server. But we
found the guest os  would crash down if a large file (e.g. 200M) is replicated
to emulate hard disk. I have tested serveral guest os such as WinXp SP2,
linux(kernel 2.6) and this problem always happens. And I also copy lager files
on guest os which runs on normal linux (Disk image is located on local disk)
and it's alright. I guess maybe it is caused by IO rate of NFS is not match the
hard disk emulated by qemu? I don't kow whether it's reasonable, since there is
nothing on the log about this problem.Please give me some advices to find the
reason and fix this problem. Thanks a lot.

                                 Wei Li

        address@hidden
          2007-05-31