qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [kvm-devel] PIIX/IDE: ports disabled in PCI config spac

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [kvm-devel] PIIX/IDE: ports disabled in PCI config space?
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 16:19:44 +0300

Luca wrote:

Good point. I'm looking at bochs right now: the BIOS doesn't touch
that bits. The 2 ports are enabled/disabled - using values from the
config file - by the reset function of the emulated controller
(iodev/pci_ide.cc), so they're doing the same thing I've done for
QEMU.
I'd rather not touch the BIOS, it's a bit obscure ;-)

No kidding :-)

Maybe if you post your findings to bochs-devel they'd make the change.