qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Sparc32 network problems

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Sparc32 network problems
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 22:44:55 +0200

Q's patch and my adaptation for tcx just reversed the order of the
colors, just like BlueSwirl's patch except that they used #if
__LITTLE_ENDIAN__ in place of #ifdef WORDS_BIGENDIAN, and this worked for both i386 and sparc32 guests on i386 host (but is not applied for
ppc host).

http://www.kju-app.org/proj/browser/trunk/patches/q_vga.c_02.diff

I think this is not correct either, instead the DisplayState bgr
attribute should be used. This version should work like before, and on BGR displays the colours should be correct. VGA needs a similar change
for 15 and 16 bit depths if I'm correct.

This one doesn't change anything for my testcases, so I guess it
is ok for me.

It is not okay. It works on ppc but on Intel applied to 0.9.0 s->ds- >bgr does not evaluate to true so OpenBIOS and Tux are blue again... (tested i386 and sparc guests; my console output indicates rgb_to_pixel32 is called for tcx)

Andreas