qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: problems booting a sparc32 kernel

From: Christian MICHON
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: problems booting a sparc32 kernel
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 16:54:58 +0200

ach! posted too fast!
I had to use image instead of vmlinux.

I can see a boot sequence working now... not far now...

On 7/6/07, Christian MICHON <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi list,

I used the .config I was given (originally for 2.6.11+tcx), and did minor tweaks
to upgrade it to 2.6.21.

Once compiled, the kernel vmlinux does not boot. I've error messages like:

unknown filesystem type
Not a bootable ELF image
unknown filesystem type
Not a Linux kernel image
unknown filesystem type
Not a bootable a.out image

etc... it complains about elf and a.out format

I believe I used a correct .config file. Most drivers and devices are in repect
with the original 2.6.11 config file.

One big difference though: my vmlinux is ~4Mb, when the original
vmlinux-2.6.11+tcx was 11Mb. How was this file processed (if the owner
recognizes his work) ???

--
Christian
--