qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Missing system calls retries in case of EINTR

From: Yigael Fleishman
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Missing system calls retries in case of EINTR
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 10:57:10 -0700

Rob
Thanks for the background info. I wasn't very specific in my last question. Actually I meant to ask why doesn't qemu code set sigaction(SA_RESTART) for _all_ signals when running in system emulation mode (or maybe it does, which means there's even larger problem...)
--Yigael

On 7/11/07, Rob Landley <address@hidden> wrote:
Talking about sigaction(SA_RESTART) vs looping around -EINTR everywhere:

On Tuesday 10 July 2007 8:57:34 pm Yigael Fleishman wrote:
> Rob,
> Thanks, that should also work.
> Seems do_sigaction() in linux-user/signal.c has some code which does that
> (though obviously not for the signal that I'm receiving).
> Any idea why SA_RESTART calls are not invoked by default to restart
> syscalls for all signals?

Fallout from old 1980's-era Unixes that didn't implement SA_RESTART,
basically.  Standards like SUSv3 say to humor them, because they paid for the
standard...

http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0507.1/1065.html

> --Yigael

Rob