qemu-devel

Re: QEMU Automated Testing (was [Qemu-devel] qemu Makefile.target vl.h h

From: Dan Shearer
Subject: Re: QEMU Automated Testing (was [Qemu-devel] qemu Makefile.target vl.h hw/acpi.c hw/adlib.c ...)
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 01:34:50 +0930

On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 05:50:05PM +0200, Sunil Amitkumar Janki wrote:
> Dan Shearer wrote:
> >You do also have the architectures provided to you by QEMU :-) :-)
>
> Maybe in the future where we have all kinds of cheap multicore processors
> this will not matter much but for the moment limited resources are still
> some
> kind of hindrance to realizing the benefits of multi-architecture emulation.

In the special case of repeat automated test compiles where the only
output is a short status message from time to time, the lack of speed is
less of a problem. You do end up with a machine that creates the maximum
amount of noise the hardware is capable of, and runs very hot :-)

--
Dan Shearer
address@hidden