qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: QEmu as a Device Software Optimization tool

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: QEmu as a Device Software Optimization tool
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 09:24:43 -0500

n schembr wrote:

-snap-

Personally though I don't see much benefit to simple syntax config
files over C files, that are being used now.

Config files implies a self check process.  A better question might
be, has qemu grown to the point where an outsider is going to define
a new platform?

Absolutely. I've been using it to prototype firmware for a NUMA chipset. I've had to invent ugly command-line hacks for specifying the number of nodes, per-node consoles, etc. And I still need to use a debugger to override variable values in my init. code when I want to test "odd" cases which my hacks don't support. I could make good use of a generalized configuration file.

Brian