qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] IBM makes AIX 6 beta available for download for everyon

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] IBM makes AIX 6 beta available for download for everyone
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 11:05:28 +0200

Am 02.08.2007 um 09:51 schrieb Markus Hitter:

Am 30.07.2007 um 22:37 schrieb Andreas Färber:

Maybe someone can shed some more light on what exactly needs to be changed config-wise or is missing in OpenBIOS or qemu in order to boot AIX 6 or any Linux.

Can't tell you much, but for sure, you won't need support for HFS or HFS+. HFS support enables you to boot all versions of classic Mac OS (1.0 to 9.2.2). HFS+ can be used for Mac OS 8.1 and later. Mac OS X can boot off HFS+ and off UFS. All PPC Macintosh OSs use an Apple partition map.

To install Debian I needed a minimum of three partitions: one "Apple" partition, one NewWorld bootloader partition (yaboot) and the standard ext3 root partition. No idea how the first two are structured.

I believe the point about HFS+ was that this would be required in order to replace OpenHackWare with OpenBIOS completely in the future.

Andreas