qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu Changelog Makefile Makefile.target TODO ae...

From: J. Mayer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu Changelog Makefile Makefile.target TODO ae...
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 11:42:18 +0200

On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 10:27 +0200, Christian MICHON wrote:
> On 9/17/07, J. Mayer <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > Log message:
> > >       find -type f | xargs sed -i 's/[\t ]$//g' # on most files
> >
> > Many thanks for generating hundreds of conflicts with a useless commit.
> > Don't know what's wrong in your expression but it did not what you think
> > it should (and you did not even check....).
> >
> > DON'T DO THIS KIND OF COMMIT AGAIN, PLEASE.
> >

> if we were using git (but you can do it locally anyway), you would not
> have these conflicts problems...

Maybe... but Savannah uses a CVS frontend, as far as I know...

> git-apply indead has this feature about ignoring useless whitespaces...

It does not seem a good idea that tools modify the code in our back.
Better learn people (including me...) not to write/commit incorrect
code...
Should also learn people not to break other's code, but that seems far
to difficult to understand....

Regards.

--
J. Mayer <address@hidden>