qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu Changelog Makefile Makefile.target TODO ae...

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu Changelog Makefile Makefile.target TODO ae...
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 19:05:53 +0200

Philip Boulain schrieb:
> ARGH. Unless QEMU is /actually/ going to spend the time switching
> repository systems for no forward progress, _off-topic_!
>
> LionsPhil
> (SVN beats all, clearly. ;) )
I agree - it might be a good idea to switch from CVS to Subversion (SVN):

* Both are reliable and well tested.
* It is possible to migrate from CVS to SVN without loosing change history.
* Both are user friendly (not only for experts) and have a nice Windows GUI.
* Both are well supported by Savannah.
* SVN has a lot of advantages in comparision with CVS.

My personal experience: we could get all the advantages of SVN
without any disadvantage and with minimal efforts.

It would be really nice to have all those QEMU user branches which exist
today in numerous different repositories using different technology
in one place. SVN could help to achieve this goal - GIT could do it, too.

Regards
Stefan