qemu-devel

Re: merge GGI support? [was: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] CRIS target port]

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: merge GGI support? [was: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] CRIS target port]
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 18:32:20 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

On Tue, 2 Oct 2007, Bernhard Fischer wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 01:02:23PM +0100, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 2 Oct 2007, Edgar E. Iglesias wrote:
> >
> >> If someone prefers patches in another form or access to my git
> >> repository, let me know and I'll be happy to provide that.
> >
> >Why not add a fork on http://repo.or.cz/w/qemu.git/?  It's easy: just
>
> Ah, very nice. Would anybody be willing to apply the ggi-display into
> this on behalf of me?
>
> http://uclibc.org/~aldot/qemu/
>
> has my working copy against cvs from a few days ago.. The code is the
> same as from 2004/2005, just rediffed the hunks against the configure
> script a year ago.

Done.

FWIW I would have preferred you following my simple instructions to set up
a fork, but what the heck.

Anybody who fetches the "ggi" branch from my repository on repo.or.cz:
this branch will be rebased.  You have been warned.

> >click on the "fork" link, fill out a small form, and add yourself as user.
>
> Well, ideally i'd like to see the GGI support living directly in the
> upstream repo. If i need to make changes to get it accepted, please let
> me know.

AFAIR there were license issues with GGI, which made that unfeasible.

Ciao,
Dscho