qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] U-Boot patch for qemu -M mips TAKE 2

From: Vlad Lungu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] U-Boot patch for qemu -M mips TAKE 2
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 19:33:48 +0300

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
In message <address@hidden> you wrote:
Now with board config file included, so it can be built :-)
Thiemo, I'll think about the memory size issue and get back to you on that.
How about a git repo for U-Boot, if this thing takes off?

We actually have already a lot of them -  the  master  repo  and  the
custodian  repositories. Logically, your code should go into the MIPS
repo. I think you should start posting on  the  U-Boot  mailing  list
instead     of     sending     to     my    direct    address;    see
http://www.denx.de/wiki/UBoot/WebHome for details.
Actually, this was directed at the Qemu list. But thanks for the offer. I suppose they could just point to your repo in the source release/dev tree and store the corresponding source snapshot when doing a binary release with information included in the README, and it would be kosher Re: GPL.
BTW: Your code has a few minor coding style  violations  (indentation
by spaces instead of TAB), and the signed-off-ny line is missing.
Might be. I use joe/mcedit/vi in random order to edit source files, that's the source of the spaces, and the patch was rather informal so no signoff. I'll re-branch and do a 3-part (GOT,NE2000,qemu) patchset .

Vlad