qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-m68k and booting m68k images

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-m68k and booting m68k images
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 18:20:57 -0500

On Saturday 06 October 2007 8:59:02 pm Ian Graeme Hilt wrote:
> Two questions:
>
> 1. Why does qemu-system-m68k require a kernel image?

I'd actually be pretty happy if I could figure out which kernel image I could
build that the sucker would boot.

"qemu-system-m68k -M ?" lists two boards: the mcf5208evb and arnewsh 5206 are
both coldfire board.  I got gcc to build an m68k toolchain and want to run an
actual m68k kernel, but the only Kconfig entries mentioning those are in the
m68knommu architecture...

> 2. Is support planned for booting m68k bootable images, e.g. floppy
>    images, harddrive images?

First, is support planned for booting an m68k system at all, rather than a
coldfire one?

Rob
  - Ken Thompson.