qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [kvm-devel] FreeBSD image hangs during boot

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [kvm-devel] FreeBSD image hangs during boot
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 12:00:19 +0200

Fabrice Bellard wrote:
Avi Kivity wrote:
Aurelien Jarno wrote:
Well the IDE code hasn't changed a lot recently, so I checked the CVS
history and easily (first test) found the commit that causes the problem:

Last AIO patch, by Vladimir N. Oleynik.

http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc/qemu/hw/ide.c?root=qemu&r1=1.64&r2=1.65

Have we learned something about this issue?  Should I revert the patch
from kvm?  Should qemu?

Sure. The conversion from sync to async mode done in this patch is incomplete to say the least.

Is reverting the patch safe, or will it cause new problems?

(I'm not sure what "Sure" above refers to)