qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu/winME/98

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu/winME/98
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 09:52:12 -0500

Thanks Ben I understand.
For some silly and flawed reason I assumed that it was an emulation driver from qemu recognized by windows.
Reason for my assumption happened, since I cannot delete the RTL driver in WinXP and assumed it was somehow tied to qemu.
Obviously I am wrong.
Thanks for the clarification.

Ben Taylor wrote:
---- "address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:

Is it possible to get networking to work with ME/98 as guest ?

No network device shows up in this case as in XP which works fine.

Command I use;
qemu -hda Win98.img     -net nic,model=rtl8139 -net user

maybe because you have to download the rtl8139 driver from
realtek for Win98.  Had to do the same thing for Win98SE.

Since there's no networking you can use vvfat or a floppy image
to let the win98 instance see the file.

Ben