qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] win98se guest regression

From: Ben Taylor
Subject: [Qemu-devel] win98se guest regression
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 10:37:50 -0500

I have a couple of win98se guests that I keep around for testing and upgrade
tests and the like.

The current CVS code has no problem booting these images, but the first
time I do anything (like read the cdrom, or change directories in windows
explorer), the guest just hangs.  This seems like a regression.  This happens
on both iso images and real cdrom's.

I realize that Win98 is a bit old at this point, but it's so lightweight
compared
to Win2K and WinXP,  and it's been a good test for several years.  Anyone
have an idea or seen this behavior?

Thanks,

Ben