qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC: fix for random Qemu crashes

From: Paul Brook
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC: fix for random Qemu crashes
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 15:52:54 +0000

> Then, I choosed to replace 'inline' by 'always_inline', which is more
> invasive but have less risks of side effects. The diff is attached in
> always_inline.diff.
> The last thing that helps solve the problem is to change the inlining
> limits of gcc, at least to compile the op.o file.

Presumably we only need one of the last two patches? It seems rather pointless
to have always_inline *and* change the inlining heuristics.

I'm ok with using always_inline for op.o (and things it uses directly) as this
is required for correctness. I'm not convinced that that using always_inline
everywhere is such a good idea.

Paul