qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] pflash usage question

From: Armin
Subject: [Qemu-devel] pflash usage question
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 05:55:44 -1000

Hello all,

I have two questions regarding how to use pflash.

1) I have two 64MiB flash devices, so do I use one "-pflash" on the command line that has an image that is the total size of both flashes or use two "-pflash" on the command line.

2) The parameters for the pflash register are a bit confusing. The block size for my device is 64 but that does not work, I currently have tested it with 128. Also, the sector value, I could not find that reference in the datasheet for my flash. How should I use it? I used 128 * 1024 and that worked too.

With the values I mentions above, I can mount the flash and us it as a root file system. I do get messages when I erase but I know that is not supported at the moment.

If someone can set me straight on #1 and #2 then I will have be submitting flash support for the Mainstone shortly.

TIA,
Armin