qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] 64 bit i/o

From: Robert Reif
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] 64 bit i/o
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 09:54:35 -0500

Paul Brook wrote:

On Wednesday 02 January 2008, Robert Reif wrote:
Sparc32 has a 64 bit counter that should be read and written as 64
bits but that isn't supported in QEMU.  I did a quick hack to add
64 bit i/o and converted sparc32 to use it and it seems to work.
I'm suppling the sparc changes to get comments on if this is worth
pursuing.

Couldn't you just latch the value when one half is accessed?

Paul

In this one specific case you could do that but this is not the only case in sparc32
(TOD, MXCC, ...) and other architectures with 64 bit hardware have similar
requirements.

This is a generic solution that fills a hole in the qemu implementation.