qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Request for Qemu bugzilla

From: Soren Hansen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Request for Qemu bugzilla
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 21:35:30 +0100

On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 07:56:11PM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
>>> While QEMU is officially still in alpha stage ;) I'd agree that an
>>> issue tracking system can be useful.  However I doubt it'll be
>>> possible to host a Bugzilla at free.fr.
>> I'm sure Launchpad.net would be happy to host QEMU's bug tracking
>> system.
> It'd be rather strange to host it on Ubuntu bug tracker,

It's a common misconception that Launchpad is "Ubuntu bug tracker".
Although Ubuntu is the most active project using Launchpad, Launchpad is
not specific to Ubuntu at all. There are almost 5000 projects registered
on Launchpad. Only one of them is Ubuntu.

> given that QEMU is already hosted on the FSF project hosting
> infrastructure (http://nongnu.org) which provides bug tracking
> services. They're simply not enabled for the QEMU project currently.

If I'm not much mistaken, the nongnu.org bug tracker is quite similar to
the one on sourceforge? Personally, I find the Sourceforge bug tracker
to be quite terrible, so if they are indeed similar, I'd like to put
down a loud vote against using it.

--
Soren Hansen
Ubuntu Server Team