qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] The linux-based system runs perfectly on vmware, but kernel

From: Марк Коренберг
Subject: [Qemu-devel] The linux-based system runs perfectly on vmware, but kernel panic on qemu
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 16:50:33 +0500

Hello developers.

I'm developer of ideco software product (www.ideco-software.ru)
and our products is run perfectly on vmware, but strange behaviour in qemu.

I have qemu 0.9.0 for windows with kqemu accelerator used.

i have screenshots attached. I think race condition somewhere, as the
the bug appear in different places.

The scr01.bmp - string " === qwe ===" is specially inserted in script
just before
/sbin/hwclock --localtime --hctosys
command after which kernel panic occurs.
If i test this command just after kernel booting - it works fine.
Also. our kernel doesn't support modules.

The scr202.bmp appear when md5 check of our system scripts failed (as
the string "===qwe===" inserted by me)  and bash asks user to confirm
booting:

read answer
if [ "$answer" = "yes" ]; then ........

so i have no idea why kernel panic occurs.
PLEASE contact with me by email address@hidden
I can not use maillists and can not use kernel debugger.

Thanks.
--
Segmentation fault