qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] USB reset device

From: Os Разработчик
Subject: [Qemu-devel] USB reset device
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 17:50:56 +0200

My question is connected with the following:

/* specific usb messages, also sent in the 'pid' parameter */
#define USB_MSG_ATTACH   0x100
#define USB_MSG_DETACH   0x101
#define USB_MSG_RESET    0x102

This is some lines, in "usb.h" file in qemu sources. Is this some type of standard, and where I can read documentation, about?

  I want to ask also the following. If some device is connected to USB port, and I reset the port - what happen? In qemu sources we have:
  1. Something (non interesting for me) ...
  2. Reset all devices.
  3. Change the state of devices from "reset" to "attached".
Is this normal? To enumerate device (i.e. SET_ADDRESS) it is necessary to reset explicitly device first (reset port is not enough).

R.