qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Merging KVM QEMU changes upstream

From: Paul Brook
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Merging KVM QEMU changes upstream
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 18:43:34 +0000

> Is this a reasonable merge strategy?  We won't introduce regressions but
> I can't guarantee these new things will work cross-architecture.

I think it depends to some extent whether things will need rewriting to be
made cross-architecture. In particular if this requires interface changes.
This means either breaking existing guests, or having to support both
interfaces.

e.g. the extboot stuff seems like something that should be usable by all
targets, except that the current interface looks like it's inherently x86
specific.

Paul