qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] What does code_copy_enabled do?

From: M. Warner Losh
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] What does code_copy_enabled do?
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 20:46:02 -0700 (MST)

In message: <address@hidden>
            Paul Brook <address@hidden> writes:
: > > Any news on the possible cvs->svn migration?
: >
: > To be perfectly honest, IMO there is little point moving an existing
: > project from CVS to SVN.
:
: I disagree.  CVS has several fairly fundamental flaws (no global revision
IDs,
: unable to move files, and more subtle problems with branches/tags).
: SVN fixes these, and in most cases works as a direct drop-in replacement for
: CVS.

FreeBSD is moving from CVS to SVN for these reasons.

: While I can see that distributed revision control systems do enable some
: interesting possibilities, there's certainly no clear winner.  All of them
: seem to have have fairly serious issues with either usability, portability,
: scalability, and/or require learning a whole new workflow.  I'm sure
: advocates of each system will claim that their system is the "best", but I
: remain unconvinced.

Well, svn now has svn to hg and svn to git gateways, so really it
caters to all comers...

Warner