qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Why QEMU ARM Versatile doesn't support RGB?

From: Song Yuan
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Why QEMU ARM Versatile doesn't support RGB?
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 16:30:41 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to boot linux with file system of DirectFB/Gtk+ stack from
QEMU ARM Versatile emulation. Then the emulation's framebuffer
supports BGR16, though the original PL110 graphics controller support
both BGR and RGB (as mentioned by Wenqi Chen in mail thread as
follows). But DirectFB does not support BGR16, as it does for RGB16.

I looked into QEMU's source code, it seems that it won't make things
messy if I just patch it to RGB in QEMU. I would like to know whether
there are any special considerations that only BRG is supported at the
first place. Thanks!

The mail thread in DirectFB regarding this is here:
http://mail.directfb.org/pipermail/directfb-dev/2008-February/003985.html

PS: to Paul Brook: it seems IRC and other ports are blocked by my
proxy server that I couldn't get connected...

Song Yuan