qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Re: Scrolling console output (Ben Taylor) (Girish V)

From: Girish V
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Re: Scrolling console output (Ben Taylor) (Girish V)
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 14:50:57 -0400

Message: 4
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 11:58:08 -0400
From: "Girish V" <address@hidden>
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Scrolling console output
To: address@hidden

Hello,

I am having the same question as asked in this thread
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2008-03/msg00399.html

I am trying to debug why my kernel crashes during the boot process. But some
of the error messages scroll of the target console, before I can see what is
happening.

For this, I would like to scroll the target console (My kernel crashes
before init begins - I have seen that once Init begins, I can scroll up the
target console using ctrl+PgUp - but before init begins the console canot be
scrolled).

I tried "qemu -hda image.img -m 512M -serial vc:1024x768" (to see if I could
set a bigger size for the console - so the messages wont scroll off the
target console)
but this fails with
"qemu: could not open serial device vc:1024x768"

I am running qemu 0.8.2 on ubuntu and 0.8.2 on fc6.

1) Is this "vc:AxB " option supported on this version - do I need to
upgrade?
2) I sthere any other way I can scroll up the target console.
3) Is there any other way to expand the target console?

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks.
Girish
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...