qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [4321] First cut at WM8750 volume control (Jan Kiszka).

From: andrzej zaborowski
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [4321] First cut at WM8750 volume control (Jan Kiszka).
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 14:31:14 +0200

On 04/05/2008, Jan Kiszka <address@hidden> wrote:
>  -#define NOVOL
>  +//#define NOVOL
>
>   /* 8 bit */
>   #define ENDIAN_CONVERSION natural
>
>  to make the MusicPal work out-of-the-box (muting is now broken again,
>  causing loud noise during channel switches and while in suspended mode).

Right, as I said you need to disable NOVOL manually if you want volume
control.  Changing this would affect users of all machines of all
architectures and until now everyone was fine with using the host
mixer instead of software mixing in qemu.

BTW, I noticed that on some radio stations I get double speed
playback, not sure what's causing this.  My recent commit, while
correct (I think), doesn't fix this.  For a test case try connecting
to:

Internet Radio -> Countries -> Europe -> Spain -> All Stations ->
Caroline International,

the firmware sets both the WM8750 sample rate and the CPUs audio iface
to 24 KHz but correct value is 12KHz or so.  (I by no means recommend
that station for listening).

Also BTW, do you want to add a qemu-doc.texi piece describing -M
musicpal?  Otherwise I'll add something.

Regards
--
Please do not print this email unless absolutely necessary. Spread
environmental awareness.