qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] hooking interrupt

From: Antonio Ricci
Subject: [Qemu-devel] hooking interrupt
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 20:54:26 +0200

Hi all,
I'm new on this list.

I need to to intercept system calls running in the virtual machine from the host system. To do it I think that it could be useful to check when the interrupt 0x80 is called and evaluate the value of the registers. Is it a correct way to proceed?

In the case of Argos I want to do this operations modifying the file target-i386/translate.c in order to check the registers value. Do you know if this is a correct way?

Someone suggested me to read the document explaining how to port qemu to new CPU, but I can't understand how to do hooking.

Thank in advance for your help

--
Antonio
My Mobile Phone: +393286739562