qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Sensible VNC encodings

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Sensible VNC encodings
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 21:09:32 -0500

Johannes Schindelin wrote:
Hi,

for those interested, I finally broke down and updated my personal fork of QEmu using LibVNCServer. Amongst the benefits are Tight, ZRLE and ZYWRLE encodings. Note that TLS is not supported with LibVNCServer, but nobody in her right mind uses VNC without an SSH tunnel anyway.

It's funny that you say that because in my observations, hextile + an compressed SSH tunnel does just about as well as Tight.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Fortunately, Git helps me tremendously in maintaining my fork, since I do not expect the mainline to have any usable VNC support anytime soon. If you're interested, look at the "vnc" branch in http://repo.or.cz/w/qemu/dscho.git/

Ciao,
Dscho