qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] how to get registers value in event of systemcall

From: Mulyadi Santosa
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] how to get registers value in event of systemcall
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 10:17:00 +0700

Answering simply from my simple understanding of qemu...

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 12:48 AM, Antonio Ricci <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
> i'd want to understand how to get registers value (eax, ebx, etc.) in the
> guest operating system at the moment of a system call. In my opinion i've to
> work on file target-i386/translate.c in the case of 0x80 in the function
>  disas_insn(DisasContext *s, target_ulong pc_start). I can't understand how
> to get registers value. I've just read documentation about translation but
> I'm not able to get these informations.

I think you should go to target-i386/translate.c:
gen_intermediate_code_internal(CPUState *env,
                                                 TranslationBlock *tb,
                                                 int search_pc)

specifically, in "env" there is "regs" which hold the CPU registers.

target-i386/cpu.h contains the constants that show you the array
structure of that "regs".

Good luck..

regards,

Mulyadi.