qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Problem(s) with encrypted images

From: Sebastian Herbszt
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Problem(s) with encrypted images
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 15:34:32 +0200

1. Qemu-img doesn't show a password prompt when I create a new encrypted image. It does show it when I convert a plain text image to an encrypted one.

After creating a new image with bdrv_create in qemu-img.c img_convert there
is a bdrv_new_open which got read_password and bdrv_set_key. This seems
to be missing from img_create.

2. When I start qemu, it just hangs there waiting for (assumingly) the password of the encrypted image. However I cannot find the place where the prompt actually is.

qemu_key_check in vl.c does use monitor_readline, so you should see a
"Password:"
prompt in the monitor window (press ctrl-alt-2 to get there).

- Sebastian