qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] PATCH: block-vvfat.c: fix parse_long_name

From: Tristan Gingold
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] PATCH: block-vvfat.c: fix parse_long_name
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 16:26:45 +0200

Hi,

to be honest, I looked on the length of 'name[]' before submitting this patch and wondered why the limit was bigger that what could be achieved by LFN names.

Anyway, I have to improve my mails.

On the other side, there are not a lot of comments in block-vvfat.c (and particularly in parse_long_name). I am ready to submit patches just to add comments in block-vvfat.c. Do you think it is a good idea ?

(I still have a couple of patches to fix bugs in block-vvfat.c - and one of them is not trivial).

Thank you for your very quick review and thank you for this additional patch.

 typedef struct {
-    unsigned char name[1024];
+    /*
+ * Since the sequence number is at most 0x3f, and the file length is + * at most 13 times the sequence number, the maximal file length is
+     * 0x3f * 13 bytes.
+     */
+    unsigned char name[0x3f * 13 + 1];

s/file length/filename length/ ?