qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Help! Stuck at the error message: "qemu: warning: error whi

From: Xin Zhao
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Help! Stuck at the error message: "qemu: warning: error while loading state for instance 0x0 of device 'ram'"
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 15:43:48 -0700

Hey all,

I am trying to increase my guest OS' memory from 128M to 256M. So I
started an xp image with the following command:

 /home/xinzhao/src/bundler/google3/google_vendor_src_branch/qemu/qemu-build/qemu
/usr/local/google/xinzhao/mawler/xpsp1.qcow2 -m 256 -vnc 0 -monitor
stdio

Then, in the qemu console, I did "savevm 1" and then "quit".

Then I use the following command to load the snapshot 1:

/home/xinzhao/src/bundler/google3/google_vendor_src_branch/qemu/qemu-build/qemu
\
    -drop-log /tmp/qemu-drop-logD9FP2B \
    -loadvm 1 \
    -L
/home/xinzhao/src/bundler/google3/google_vendor_src_branch/qemu/qemu-build/
\
    -vnc 0:0 \
    -monitor stdio \
    /usr/local/google/xinzhao/mawler/xpsp1.qcow2

But I was stuck with an error message  "qemu: warning: error while

When I use "vncviewer localhost" to connect the guest OS, vnc neither
display the guest OS, nor exit with some error message.

Anyone has some idea about how to fix this issue? I am using qemu
0.8.3.  If I just use the snapshot created at 128M mode, the loadvm
works fine.

Thanks in advance!
Xin