qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [sparc64] qemu crashes after the "OpenBIOS for Sparc64"

From: Blue Swirl
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [sparc64] qemu crashes after the "OpenBIOS for Sparc64" banner is printed
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 19:30:23 +0300

On 8/28/08, Jakub Jermar <address@hidden> wrote:
> Blue Swirl wrote:
>  <snip>
>
> > What host? On my amd64 and using the latest OpenBIOS I get this:
> >

>  Oops, the host is ia32 and the OpenBIOS is the one from qemu's current
>  trunk. I will try it on amd64 shortly.

It should work on i386 too. It just seems that some bugs on i386 can't
be reproduced on amd64 32-bit chroot.

>  Btw, couldn't you update the openbios version in qemu? It will allow me
>  to make sure that HelenOS on qemu/sparc64 makes it to the point where
>  it probes the framebuffer and eventually write a small driver for it.

Well, if the firmware configuration device is committed, I'll update
OpenBIOS to the new system and then probably update the image.

I wouldn't trust the Qemu version of VGA on Sparc64 yet, there could
be some wrong assumptions. Once a real kernel can boot, initialize the
VGA and preferably start X, then we should know that it's realistic.