qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Xen patches - status summary

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Xen patches - status summary
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2008 22:16:15 -0500

Ian Jackson wrote:
Anthony Liguori writes ("Re: [Qemu-devel] Xen patches - status summary"):

I think the rule should generally be that a patch should be applied if
it (a) makes some improvement, no matter how minor and (b) does not
make any future desirable restructuring harder.  The fact that a
restructuring is desirable does not mean that minor improvements
should be blocked in the meantime.

There's a balance between band-aid fixing and making forward progress in improving things. Honestly, you've spent more time writing emails trying to avoid adding special handling for ENOSPC than it would have taken to just update the original patch.

Reporting an IDE error on ENOSPC is just plain wrong. It doesn't matter if already broken and you're just changing how it's broken. It's not like it's a massive effort to update the patch. I'll eventually get to it myself but it's a whole lot easier for you to just do it and then we can move on to more important things :-)

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Ian.