qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Confusion about libqemu.a license

From: Mikael Regnell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Confusion about libqemu.a license
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 04:48:56 -0700

Hi,

I'm a little confused about which license that applies to some files.
When I build libqemu.a (for arm-target) which is stated to be LGPL in the main LICENSE file, I can see that it includes neon_helper.o and helper.o.

neon_helper.c header states that it is under GPLv2, and helper.c includes op_addsub.h which is under GPL. Owner of the licenses seems to be Codesourcery/Paul Brook.

Can someone please help me clear this up?

BR,
/Mikael