qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] tcg problem running SPARC program on x86

From: Anton Salikhmetov
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] tcg problem running SPARC program on x86
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 18:16:00 +0600

> From:  <address@hidden>
> Date: 2008/10/13
> Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] tcg problem running SPARC program on x86
> To: address@hidden
>

> When I run the current trunk (revision 5478) with
> "/usr/local/bin/qemu-system-mips -cpu 24Kc -M malta ..." I get a
> similar error (calls tcg_abort() ) to the one described by Vince:
>

> /build/qemu/trunk/tcg/tcg.c:1484: tcg fatal error
> Aborted
>

> If I use exactly the same command but use the "Lenny Debian
> GNU/Linux's repository version" of qemu-system-mips (version 0.9.1-6)
> the error does not occur. Thus, this error is occurring on the MIPS
> platform (host x86) as well as the SPARC.
>
> Rob

I'm having the same error when using qemu-system-mips (-M malta). By
bisection, the revisions 5252 and 5253 were found (5252 is working
fine, while 5253 is not). All the revisions after 5253 have the same
problem with "tcg fatal error" for me. By the way, the only file
target-mips/translate.c is changing while updating the source code
from 5252 to 5253. Hope it helps to close the bug.

Anton